GW Plastics recognizes that many companies have limited resources and budget constraints for developing new products, or are in need of thermoplastic or silicone injection molding and tooling expertise. This is where GW Plastics Product Development (GW/PD™) can help.
Innovation is in our DNA, which is why GW Plastics excels at product development and design for manufacturing (DFM) support. We are strong believers that early supplier involvement is critical to successful new product introductions. Early supplier involvement allows our customers to focus on their core competencies while we focus on ours — putting years of experience to work designing for manufacturability, improving product performance, and reducing product cost and time-to-market. At GW Plastics, our customers turn to us for more than just product development, but solution development.
Why Invest in DFM and Early Supplier Involvement?
- Ensure proper product design, material selection, tool design, supply continuity, and long-term product quality.
- Improved product performance.
- Avoid significant increases on project and unit cost, reducing long-term cost of goods sold.
- Ensure the proper manufacturing and technical support for the project.
- Eliminate costly engineering changes and shorten overall project timing.
- Allow for an advanced quality planning opportunity to be incorporated upfront.