GW Plastics recognizes that many companies have limited resources and budget constraints for developing new products, and are in need of thermoplastic or silicone injection molding and tooling expertise. This is where GW Plastics Product Development (GW/PD™) can help.
Innovation is in our DNA, which is why GW Plastics excels at Product Development and Designing for Excellence (DfX). Early supplier involvement is critical to a successful product launch, and it allows our customers to focus on their core competencies while we focus on ours: putting years of experience to work designing for manufacturability, improving product performance, and reducing time-to-market. Our customers turn to us not just for product development, but for solution development.
Why Invest in DfX and Early Supplier Involvement?
- Go beyond just DFM to entire lifecycle: from design and production to use and disposal
- Ensure proper product design, material selection, tooling, supply continuity, and quality
- Allow for advanced quality planning opportunity to be incorporated from the start
- Avoid significant increases on project cost by eliminating engineering changes, reducing long-term cost of goods sold and shortening overall project timing
- Highly-structured 10 phase new product launch process to ensure consistency and quality
- Propriety GW Plastics project tracking and reporting system
- Formal requirements review, design review, and validation procedures
- Best-in-class global tool design and scientific molding process optimization
- Strong transfer mold and assembly program experience
- Concept development
- Industrial design
- Product design and development
- 3D printing and prototyping
- Design history file
- Design for Excellence (DfX) and DFM
- Design verification and validation
- Rigorous IP protection standards
Process Development and Training Center
The GW Plastics Process Development and Training Center opened in Spring 2017 in our newly-renovated Royalton, VT facilities.
In addition to our product development capabilities, we offer training courses and certifications focused on Scientific Injection Molding.