JOB TITLE: IT Technician
DEPARTMENT: Management Information Systems
REPORTS TO: Director of MIS
The IT Technician assists senior MIS personnel assess user needs, provides help desk support, develops functional specifications, analyzes/resolves issues, tracks warranty support, and procures and implements software/hardware tools.
Assist senior MIS personal:
- Provides first line help desk support.
- Maintain MIS New User Requests.
- Consult users to determine hardware, software, and system functionality.
- Diagnose and remedy first line system (hardware and software) issues.
- Setup and install (PC) hardware and software.
- Coordinate equipment and supplies requisitioning.
- Maintain hardware and software licenses (Warranty).
- Administer user accounts and E-Mail.
- Monitor malicious/illegal software activity.
- Serve as Network Administrator’s backup/assistant.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent work ethics with a commitment to highest level of performance.
- Associates Degree or training and experience in Information Systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical capabilities.