JOB TITLE: Machine Specialist A
DEPARTMENT: Mold Division
REPORTS TO: Production Quality Manager
The Machine Specialist A’s primary role is to perform high level CNC machining operations and other general as-assigned duties that support the overall production and maintenance goals of the Mold Division.
- Operate any or all of the following CNC machines: EDM, Hard Mills, Wire EDM, Soft Mills, and Lathe.
- Perform set-up operations to maximize efficiency.
- Ability to edit programs as needed.
- Measure components that are being manufactured to assure correctness and fill out in-process reports.
- Assure that components are completed on time.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Keep machines up-to-date with proper maintenance and scheduled PMs.
- Train Machine Specialist B as well as the Apprentices.
- Prepare molds for work on the Assembly Bench.
- Communicate status of work to supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five years of CNC experience or completion of GW Plastics Apprenticeship Rotation.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Basic computer skills including CAD.
- Ability to perform basic programming.
Learn about the area and lifestyles in the region surrounding this job opportunity
If applying for the position below, please also fill in and submit our job application. To accomplish this, please follow these easy steps:
Download our Interactive PDF Application Form and save it to your computer
Open the document, and type your responses directly into the required fields
Save the completed file back to your computer
Select the blue “Apply for Job” button below, and Include this attachment in your completed form.