JOB TITLE: Machine Specialist A
DEPARTMENT: Mold Division
REPORTS TO: Production Quality Manager
The Machine Specialist A’s primary role is to perform high level CNC machining operations and other general as-assigned duties that support the overall production and maintenance goals of the Mold Division.
- Operate any or all of the following CNC machines: EDM, Hard Mills, Wire EDM, Soft Mills, and Lathe.
- Perform set-up operations to maximize efficiency.
- Ability to edit programs as needed.
- Measure components that are being manufactured to assure correctness and fill out in-process reports.
- Assure that components are completed on time.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Keep machines up-to-date with proper maintenance and scheduled PMs.
- Train Machine Specialist B as well as the Apprentices.
- Prepare molds for work on the Assembly Bench.
- Communicate status of work to supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five years of CNC experience or completion of GW Plastics Apprenticeship Rotation.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Basic computer skills including CAD.
- Ability to perform basic programming.