JOB TITLE: Machine Specialist B
DEPARTMENT: Mold Division
REPORTS TO: Production Quality Manager
The Machine Specialist B’s primary role is to perform entry level machining operations and other general as-assigned duties that support the overall production and maintenance goals of the Mold Division.
- Operate manual lathe, milling, and grinding machines for electrode mounting and other sub-component work.
- Measure components that are being manufactured to assure correctness.
- Assure that components are completed on time.
- Perform heat treat operations as required under direction of the Production Quality Manager.
- Perform general shop maintenance duties as needed ranging from machine maintenance to shop maintenance.
- Act as back-up for our Maintenance and PMC personnel.
- Communicate status of work to supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Vocational instruction in the machining or building trades.
- Ability to do basic operations on milling, lathe, and surface grinders.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Basic computer skills including Excel.