JOB TITLE: Mold Maintenance Technician
DEPARTMENT: Royalton Operations – Mold Maintenance/Engineering
REPORTS TO: Mold Maintenance Supervisor/Auto Technician
The Mold Maintenance Technician maintains all Royalton tooling by personally doing the work, using GW’s tool division, or by outsourcing to qualified vendors. This position must coordinate pricing and delivery, and ensure that all quality requirements and specifications are maintained and all repairs are documented and tooling history is maintained. This position is directly responsible to ensure that all production tooling including molds and their components are maintained and available for production use prior to the scheduling of production runs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works from detailed design drawings, engineering drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Tracks maintenance history of molds and scheduled preventive maintenance cleanings.
- Disassembles, cleans, and reassembles molds as needed.
- Requires the ability to plan and lay out own work.
- Determines accurate and efficient methods to construct and repair molds.
- Selects proper materials and suppliers to ensure timely repairs.
- Sets up and operates all types of tool room equipment to include: lathes, millers, grinders, heat treating, drill presses, etc.
- Uses various measuring instruments such as calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, etc. to verify mold/part compliance.
- Checks own work – usually works to close tolerances.
- Determines the sequences of operation, method of fabrication, type and amount of machine work or process operation required.
- Contributes in the design and development of automation equipment including degating stations, end-of-arm tooling and conveyor systems.
- Must be able to give realistic quotes and meet delivery dates.
- Maintains a clean work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, written instructions, and operating procedures. Written communications skills are a must, as this position requires that detailed documentation of all repairs and related work be properly recorded. Effective verbal communication skills are necessary in order to communicate and resolve problems and issues.
- Apprentice graduate or 5 years’ mold experience required.
- Frequent lifting of material 5-25 pounds. Occasional lifting 50-60 pounds.
- Ability to contribute in an environment characterized by teamwork, participation, safety awareness, growth and change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary to maintain relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work under little supervision.
- This position requires a high school diploma, equivalent GED, or prior injection molding experience.
Learn about the area and lifestyles in the region surrounding this job opportunity
If applying for the position below, please either upload your resume or fill in and submit our job application. To accomplish this, please follow these easy steps:
Download our Interactive PDF Application Form and save it to your computer
Open the document, and type your responses directly into the required fields
Save the completed file back to your computer
Select the blue “Apply for Job” button below, and Include this attachment in your completed form.