JOB TITLE: Process Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Bethel Operations – Molding Production
REPORTS TO: VP Manufacturing Engineering/Bethel Plant Manager
The Process Engineer is responsible for the implementation of fully qualified and documented production processes. This includes transitioning new tooling programs from the GW Technology Center, performing new mold and process improvement mold trials, troubleshooting production processes and auditing of production setups for adherence to the documented process, and identifying automation and productivity improvement opportunities.
- Ensures required process development information accompanies new tooling.
- Interpret processes received and makes necessary conversions for production equipment to be used.
- Perform tests on molds, which cannot be tested at the GW Technology Center.
- Sets molds to be tested.
- Records and maintains mold and process setup sheets.
- Improves and documents processes on existing molds, using established systematic techniques.
- Assists in trouble shooting production processes.
- Assists in training of new process technicians and mold setup personnel.
- Conducts cycle improvement and regrind usage tests.
- Monitors production cycle times for “Screen in the Green”.
- Identifies key process parameters for process monitoring and control.
- Establishes process parameters for part diversion.
- Audits production processes for adherence to established setup.
- Assists with investigations of reject product and the development of corrective actions.
- Conducts D.O.E.s.
- Seeks opportunities for labor reduction and assists in implementation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience in injection molding processing; B.S. in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering, with a focus on plastics processing desirable. Must have comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of injection molding process, machines, robotics, and auxiliary equipment. Knowledge of ISO standards, SPC, TQM, and GMP’s is highly desirable.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and manufacturing personnel.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to take a systematic approach to process optimization and problem solving.
- Experienced with hot runner systems and knowledgeable in precision injection mold tooling.
- Knowledge in resin structure and behavior when processed, including stress, orientation and melt rheology as well as resin drying and testing.
- Extensive hands-on experience with the entire injection molding process, should be familiar with machinery up to a press capacity of 500 tons.
- Up-to-date knowledge of injection molding machine technology and capabilities. Must be willing to attend appropriate seminars or classes to continually improve upon injection mold processing skills.
- Skilled in basic metrology; working knowledge of geometric tolerencing and ability to interpret drawings; and some experience in designing and perform DOE’s and process statistical capability studies.
- Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills; some knowledge of PC based computer software such as MS Word 6.0, Excel 5.0, and program management software.
- Knowledge in mold design a must.
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to twist and turn to move heavy objects.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
Learn about the area and lifestyles in the region surrounding this job opportunity
If applying for the position below, please also fill in and submit our job application. To accomplish this, please follow these easy steps:
Download our Interactive PDF Application Form and save it to your computer
Open the document, and type your responses directly into the required fields
Save the completed file back to your computer
Select the blue “Apply for Job” button below, and Include this attachment in your completed form.