JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician
DEPARTMENT: Quality Engineering/Assurance
REPORTS TO: Quality Assurance Supervisor/MQE
Provide Quality leadership by providing Quality support to manufacturing in the areas of: Statistical Quality and Process Control, Metrology, Product Quality, Procedural and Systems Audits, Random Inspections and Training. This position has the direct responsibility to ensure that the product manufactured, packaged, and shipped to our customers conform to all the established Quality Assurance Requirements. If product does not meet the established requirements, the Quality Technician shall document it and verbally communicate it to the Quality Manager, Process Technician, Team Leader, and/or Shift Supervisor.
- Read and follow all instructions on the Quality Assurance Requirements document (QAR).
- Perform Gauging as required on the QAR and chart and/or record data as specified.
- Approve or reject daily startups and restarts.
- Review SQC/SPC data and identify out of control conditions.
- Communicate out of control conditions to the Molding Team Leader.
- Work with Molding Team Leader to bring the process back into a state of control.
- Record inspection results and data on the attribute talley sheets/batch records.
- Audit rework and sort activities as assigned.
- Visually inspect product to the requirements as specified on the QAR and the General Appearance Samples (GAS) and other posted instructions and document on Attribute Tally Sheets.
- Generate hold tags for any nonconforming items; ensure complete containment and segregate from conforming goods.
- Interface with production, planning, and quality to ensure efficient communication and resolution of problems.
- Document all quality-related issues, events, and problems using the End of Shift Report.
- Participate in the daily shift communication meeting.
- Communicate machine and/or process problems to the Team Leader, Process Technician, or Supervisor.
- Provide daily shift activity report to management.
- Report safety hazards to the Process Technician, Team Leader, or supervisor.
- When confident that the product meets the requirements of the QAR, stamp/initial each inspected box before releasing it from the production floor.
- Follow company safety rules, procedures, and policies and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Support the “5’s”: A place for everything and everything in its place program.
- Strive to be a contributing and supportive member of our team.
- Display a cooperative and positive attitude toward your teammates.
- This position will require occasional overtime, including weekends.
Awareness and Proficiency per applicable operating procedures and work instructions list in the Corporate Training Matrix.
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Strong leadership skills and experience.
- Previous quality control experience is desirable.
- Prior injection molding experience is desirable.
- Prior manufacturing experience is desirable.
- Advanced computer skills are required.
- Basic math skills are necessary and required.
- Working knowledge of advanced measuring equipment i.e.: Vision Systems, CMM’s etc.
- Knowledge of advanced SPC is desirable.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, written instructions, and operating procedures.
- Written communications skills are a must, as this position requires that detailed documentation of each assigned molding machine be properly recorded.
- Must have effective verbal communication skills in order to communicate problems and issues to the appropriate personnel.
- Good organizational skills are a must.