JOB TITLE: Technical Engineering Manager
REPORTS TO: Avenue General Manager
The primary role of the Technical Engineering Manager is to lead the technical, tooling, and process engineering activities within Avenue making sure that quality, time, risks, costs, and project resources are utilized efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that molds and/or manual or highly automated equipment are designed and built to strict internal standards.
- Review and critiques molds and/or associated manufacturing equipment designs to ensure proper functionality, low maintenance, and ease of manufacturing projects.
- Oversee the quality and validation requirements and standards to ensure compliance with safety and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing, Design, and Quality teams to review the status of projects and budgets, manage schedules, and prepare status reports.
- Manage the relationship with clients when assessing technical issues and developing resolutions.
- Lead program management and advise the Management team of any necessary adaption to project plans.
- Support the Sales team and Quotations Manager on costings of new projects.
- Full ownership of Post Manufacturing Reviews
- Plans, initiates, qualifies, and properly documents all mold revisions and project details.
- Support the Avenue Toolmaking Apprenticeship program.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering or Project Management qualifications with a minimum of 10 years’ relevant technical experience in Tooling or Injection Molding.
- Excellent relationship management, client servicing, and presentation skills.
- Proven Project Management and problem solving skills.
- ISO regulations knowledge is required, ISO 13485 knowledge is preferred.
- Strong organization skills.
- Dynamic team player and can work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Energetic and self-driven.