JOB TITLE: Tooling Technician
DEPARTMENT: Tucson Operations – Tooling Engineer/Mold Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Tooling Manager/Supervisor
- Have a working knowledge of injection mold tooling.
- The ability to disassemble, clean repair and reassemble complex, multi-cavity tooling.
- Must be proficient in the use of various machine tools.
- The ability to repair tooling, to include milling machines, grinders, lathes and EDM equipment.
- Clean and perform scheduled inspection/PM on molds as required.
- Must be able to use, engineering drawings and verbal instructions, with the ability to determine accurate and efficient methods for repairing molds.
- Selects appropriate metals and materials. Layout work using precision instruments, shop mathematics and pertinent formulas.
- Checks own work by making complex set-ups, interprets various gages and measuring devices such as micrometer, caliper, gage blocks, vernier, dual indicators, working within extremely close tolerances.
- Troubleshooting of molds running on the production floor as required.
- Insure that their work area is kept clean and in order.
- Other duties as assigned by the Tooling Manager/Supervisor.
- Operations procedures
- Mold data base software
- High school or GED diploma
- Mold-making apprenticeship, 4 years minimum
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends
- Computer literate
Learn about the area and lifestyles in the region surrounding this job opportunity
If applying for the position below, please either submit your resume or fill in and submit our job application. To accomplish this, please follow these easy steps:
Download our Interactive PDF Application Form and save it to your computer
Open the document, and type your responses directly into the required fields
Save the completed file back to your computer
Select the blue “Apply for Job” button below, and Include this attachment in your completed form.