JOB TITLE: Automation Technician
DEPARTMENT: Tucson Operations
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Engineering/Facilities Manager
- Repair, modify and maintain Automation equipment
- Repair and maintain injection molding equipment and related auxiliary equipment
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering Manager with new equipment modifications and projects.
- Would need to be available to work nights, weekends, holidays, and on call basis.
- Preventive and Corrective maintenance of automation equipment (i.e. molding machine robotics, assembly equipment, End-of-Arm Tooling, packaging and conveying equipment, vision inspection systems).
- Preventive and Corrective maintenance of injection molding and support equipment.
- Perform actual P.M. duties.
- Record data electronically or manually (MS Office).
- Assist in the design and build End-of-Arm Tooling.
- Have the ability to analyze data to determine possible trouble areas.
- Maintain spare parts inventory and supplies required for P.M. program and daily operation.
- The ability to analyze, repair, modify and maintain Automation equipment. This machinery includes large Automatic Assembly cells with 6 axis robots, vision inspection systems, programmable logic controllers with HMI interfaces, Pneumatic pick & place equipment, electrical servo actuators, load cells, thermal transfer printers, laser engravers and packaging equipment.
- The ability to troubleshoot pneumatic and industrial electrical problems. Use of multi-meter required.
- The ability to set-up, troubleshoot, and modify End-of-Arm tooling and robots used in injection molding machines for parts handling.
- Other tasks assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager (i.e. cleaning machines, screw and barrel maintenance, building maintenance etc.).
- Computer literate; Automation and basic machining skills required
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Technology degree preferred
- Mechanically inclined, self-motivated
- Electrical, hydraulic and mechanical knowledge of injection molding and assembly environments
- AutoCAD proficient a plus
- Ability to read and follow prints/schematics/ladder logic
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints (hydraulic, PLC and electrical)
- Working knowledge of robotic automation, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
- Minimum of 2 years experience in industrial or electrical field
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work with minimal amount of direct supervision; dependable
- Must have safety conscience work ethic
- Able to work overtime and be on call status