JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Automation Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Royalton Operations
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
The Manufacturing Automation Engineer is responsible for the improvement of the efficiency and productivity of existing manufacturing systems and operations and to implement technological advancements in daily and new manufacturing operations and systems.
- Design, manage, and implement new molding and assembly programs on time and within budget. (Value added: automation)
- Work with Sales and Engineering during early stages of projects quoting value added (assembly), involvement surrounding quotation and implementation options.
- Identify, cost justify, implement, and manage new manufacturing systems and equipment to improve plant productivity.
- Ongoing support to improve existing jobs.
- Provides daily troubleshooting to Mold Repair, Production, Sales and Quality Assurance regarding manufacturing problems. Also provide engineering assistance.
- Plan and implement dedicated business specialty manufacturing cells , i.e. Clean Room, gears, connector blocks, filter cores, to optimize expertise and efficiencies such as labor, inventory, and downtime.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Works with Tooling Engineers and Program Managers to establish satisfactory processes.
- Interacts with customers during mold process development.
- Works with Mold Setters, Molding Technicians, Quality, Automation, and Maintenance as required.
- 5 years’ experience in injection molding processing and automation; B.S. in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering with a focus on plastics processing desirable.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of injection molding process, machines, robotics, PLC’s, and auxiliary equipment. Knowledge of ISO standards, SPC, TQM, and GMP’s is highly desirable. Must have comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of injection molding process, machines, robotics, and auxiliary equipment. Knowledge of ISO standards, SPC, TQM, and GMP’s is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of molding automation and auxiliary equipment including robotics, control systems, and material handing (raw material, WIP and Finished Product).
- Strong multiple project management skills to include budgeting and cost justification and control.
- Experience and knowledge in areas of Industrial Engineering, (Labor/Time Study), DFM, SPC, Production Monitoring Systems (Mattec).
- Experience and knowledge in operation and maintenance of a classified Clean Room (GMP Procedures, HVAC, Data Acquisition, etc.).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and manufacturing personnel.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to take a systematic approach to process optimization and problem solving.
- Extensive hands-on experience with the entire injection molding process, should be familiar with machinery up to a press capacity of 500 tons.
- Up-to-date knowledge of injection molding machine technology and capabilities. Must be willing to attend appropriate seminars or classes to continually improve upon injection mold processing skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary.