JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Quality Technician
DEPARTMENT: Bethel Operations – Quality Engineering/Assurance
REPORTS TO: MQE – Directly / Quality Assurance/Continuous Improvement Manager – Indirectly
The Manufacturing Quality Technician (MQT) is responsible for operating the following prescribed processes and tasks, as well as monitoring the quality of the molded part, packaging and completing proper paperwork.
- Responsible for gauging, recording of data and weigh count of the product. Maintain Batch Records and all documentation needed for Batch Records. Will also perform weigh count and final audit as needed.
- Ensure that Start Up and Shut Down procedures are complied with per established guidelines.
- Perform incoming inspection on all components and raw material per established guidelines.
- Perform daily audits on product, raw material lot traceability and ASI quality system records.
- Generate Certificate of Compliance when needed.
- Generate Hold Tickets for any non-conforming items and place them on the Hold Rack.
- Audit all documentation on the manufacturing floor pertaining to quality. This will include, but is not limited to, creating and maintaining Batch Records, Start Up/Shut Down Sheets, Process Print Out Sheets, Test Records, Shot Weight Verification, End of Shift Reports, Scale Verification of Weight, Running Log of Job Weight, Hand written specification charts and visual tally sheets.
- Interface with the Lead Manufacturing Quality Technician (LMQT) on day to day requirements.
- Perform Shipping and Receiving duties and comply with established guidelines.
- Perform other duties as may be required or requested.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of measurement equipment.
- Strong SPC/SQC knowledge.
- Knowledge of using computers.
- Good communication skills.
- Team cooperation to accomplish organizational goals.
- Ability to anticipate problems and target solutions.
- A self-starter who uses initiative and problem identification to find solutions.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Good performance record, work ethic and demonstrated initiative.
- Good Safety record.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Flexibility and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.